This very old school house is part of a historic community called Shields-Ethridge Heritage Farm.
These bees were in a wall in South Georgia.
After we remove the bees we put the sheet rock back in place and will put the first coat of spackling (mud) over the cracks.
The same job as above, where we had to open the siding on the outside as well. These bees had been there for a very long time. You can see the black stain on the brick. This is from where old colonies had died out and the old honey fermented and ran down the wall. It will take years (if ever) for this mold to stop growing on the bricks.
This colony was under a mobile home.
Even though this is the first column that I've posted about we generally do at least one a year. This one is interesting. In the picture below you can see the old marks on the ceiling...this is from where honey comb was attached to the ceiling in the past. (so at one time there was an exposed colony attached to the ceiling)
Columns are cut open like a pie or cake. We slice a section out to get it open the remove the bees/hive. Afterward we put the column back together and fill in the cut marks.